If you are eligible for Legal Aid we can provide advice, assistance and full representation (including case work and appearing in court) in the following areas (to find out about Legal Aid eligibility, please see here.)
- Homelessness assistance for people who are homeless or threatened with homelessness.
- “Possessions” and “Eviction” proceedings whether with Local Authorities, Housing Associations/Trusts or private landlords.
- Unlawful eviction and landlord harassment.
- Disrepair matters (we are able to assist if there is documentary evidence confirming the harm or risk of harm to a client’s health resulting from the disrepair)
- Injunctions under the Protection from Harassment Act 1997 (in the context of housing).
- Anti-social Behaviour (ASBOs).
If you are not sure if you are eligible for Legal Aid, or if you are not sure if your issue falls within the areas that are covered by Legal Aid, then please call our housing helpline on 020 7791 9800 and choose option 6. Alternatively you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or complete the contact form which you can find here. You can also contact the Civil Legal Advice (CLA) line on 0345 345 4345, who can advise you on whether your matter falls within the legal aid coverage.
If you are not eligible for Legal Aid, or if your housing issue does not come within the matters listed above, we can offer limited assistance through our helpline but due to funding constraints are unable to offer full representation. Please be in touch using the same contact methods mentioned in the preceding paragraph.
We aim to respond to enquiries within 3-5 days.